- Artesania Audio
- Audio Physic
- Sonus faber
- Spiral Groove
- Wilson Audio
- Om Stylus
Atlas is a mono power amplifier capable of driving virtually any high quality speaker. Its innovative hybrid design incorporates a bipolar output stage, bipolar driver stage, and vacuum tube input gain stage. The Atlas provides your choice of full range or high-pass inputs. This unique built-in filter is ideal for speakers featuring powered woofers, such as Vandersteen, or for audio and home cinema systems using outboard powered sub-woofers. It is in the Saturn Series (link to Saturn Series description), sharing common design characteristics with the Rhea, Calypso and Janus.
• Zero global feedback, fully differential amplifier with complementary balanced bridge design for open sound.
• Tube gain stage using one 6SN7 tube per channel provides harmonic accuracy and soundstage layering.
• Stereo amplifier: 200 watts per channel into 8 ohms; 400 watts per channel into 4 ohms
• Mono amplifier: 300 watts per channel into 8 ohms; 600 watts per channel into 4 ohms.
• Amplifier has a built-in high-pass crossover: 6 dB / octave, 16 settings from 40 Hz to 200 Hz in approximate 10 Hz increments.
• Single-ended and balanced inputs provide extended compatibility.
• Direct input bypasses all crossovers and switching for ultimate purity.
• Bus technology reduces power supply impedance between output devices for more instantaneous current.
• Power supply uses two transformers and three chokes. The high current section uses a dedicated transformer and choke input power supply. The vacuum tube B+ power supply has choke input and is discretely regulated. The result is unequalled clarity and control.
• Cardas patented rhodium-plated binding post with single knob lockdown.
• All aluminum chassis construction assures durability.
• Stainless steel cover for transformers prevents magnetic fields from interacting with sensitive audio circuitry, preserving low level musical nuances.
• RS232 control and 12V trigger for special installation requirements.
The Absolute Sound Editor’s Choice Awards 2011 (March 2011)
The Absolute Sound 2011 High-End Audio Buyer’s Guide
The Absolute Sound High-End Buyer’s Guide (Spring 2010)
The Absolute Sound Editor’s Choice Awards 2010 (March 2010)
Power Output: 300wpc channel into 8, 600wpc into 4
Input Sensitivity: 60mV (1 watt), 3.1V (full power)
Input Impedance: 470K
Output Impedance: .25 at 1kHz
Signal to noise: 120dB
Bandwidth at full power: 4 – 150kHz
Rated THD at full power: <1%
Power consumption: 100 watts at idle
Dimensions: 18″w x 8″h x 19″d
Weight: 70 lbs
Finish: black or silver
Warranty: 3 years, non-transferable