- Artesania Audio
- Audio Physic
- Sonus faber
- Spiral Groove
- Wilson Audio
- Om Stylus
JANUS TUBE PREAMPLIFIER
Janus is a full-function all-tube preamplifier with six line level inputs and one phono input. It is in the Saturn Series (link to Saturn Series description), sharing common design characteristics with the Rhea, Calypso and Atlas. It has won numerous awards worldwide, receiving acclaim for its sound quality, build quality and ease of use.
• Fully balanced differential line-level circuitry with ability to internally balance a single ended input signal.
• RCA and XLR provided for each input.
• Discrete resistor volume control with 88 1dB steps.
• Zero global feedback.
• Phono input: 40-75dB gain maximum, selectable via front panel or remote control.
• Built-in MC cartridge demagnetizer.
• 9 MC loading settings: 75-47,000 ohms, selectable via front panel or remote control.
• All tube amplification and output (12 tubes total).
• Two sets of XLR and two sets of RCA outputs per channel.
• Bypass mode for home theatre processor throughput.
• Absolute phase, selectable via front panel or remote control.
• Full function remote included.
Janus is available in two versions: Standard and Signature.
The standard version uses high-grade Rel-Cap polypropylene coupling capacitors. The Signature version uses exotic and expensive coupling capacitors and other critical parts to bring the performance to a higher level. All versions of Janus can be factory upgraded to Signature.
The Absolute Sound Editor’s Choice Awards 2011 (March 2011)
The Absolute Sound High-End Buyer’s Guide (Spring 2010)
The Absolute Sound Editor’s Choice Awards 2010 (March 2010)