- Sonus faber
- Spiral Groove
- Wilson Audio
- Om Stylus
Breathtaking analog reproduction combined with astounding flexibility
The MOON 310LP represents a significant step forward in phono preamplifier design. Like its predecessor, the highly acclaimed MOON LP5.3, particular attention has again been given to noise levels and dynamic range. The result is one of the quietest phono preamplifiers ever, on par and even superior to many models at significantly higher price points. Sonically, it portrays all the Simaudio hallmarks: clean, powerful, fast and extended bass combined with an open midrange and airy extended high frequencies.
A major strength of the MOON 310LP is its highly configurable nature. There are numerous end-user adjustments for resisitance loading, capacitance loading and gain level. Going one step further, you can even chose from two different equalization curves – either the RIAA curve with a flat frequency response or the IEC curve which, although identical to the RIAA curve beyond 20Hz, acts like a subsonic filter by removing inaudible infrasonic bass below 20Hz.
Balanced outputs are a standard feature, allowing you to take full advantage of connectivity to a balanced preamplifier or integrated for a significant improvement in noise floor, dynamics and midrange transparency. Finally, the 310LP is housed in a custom-made, rigid chassis with a 3/8” brushed and anodized front panel.
Add the MOON 320S outboard power supply to bring
the MOON 310LP‘s performance to the next level
Significant Design Features:
· Large isolated power supply on a separate circuit with 2 stages of voltage regulation
· adjustable impedance loading (10, 100, 470, 1K and 47kΩ)
· adjustable capacitance loading (0, 100 and 470pF)
· adjustable gain settings for moving magnet cartridges (40dB) and moving coil
cartridges (54, 60 and 66dB)
· Selectable equalization curves for both the RIAA and the IEC standards
· Optional MOON 320S external power supply upgrade
· Single-ended RCA and Balanced XLR outputs
· Four-layer PCB tracings with dedicated ground and power planes using pure copper
for low impedance characteristics. The advantages include better circuit layouts
resulting in a much shorter signal path and a vastly improved signal-to-noise ratio
· Power supply voltage regulation includes i2DCf (Independant Inductive DC Filtering);
There is one inductor dedicated to each integrated circuit type component
(DAC, Op-Amp, etc.) in the audio circuit’s signal path – 2 stages in all
· Extremely short signal path for a faster transient response
· Accurate matching of the finest high quality electronic components
· Designed to be powered up at all times for optimal performance.