- Sonus faber
- Spiral Groove
- Wilson Audio
- Om Stylus
The MOON 330A is a differential stereo power amplifier that effortlessly produces 125 watts/channel into 8Ω and 250 Watts/channel into 4Ω. Think of tight, deep, authoritative bass with lightning fast speed, an incredibly low noise floor, excellent dynamic range, a transparent lifelike soundstage and the 330A will come to mind. This is the the result of a variety of proven technologies: Our highly acclaimed Advanced Renaissance amplifier circuit with zero global feedback, DC-coupled circuitry and our own propritary bipolar output transistors. In the end, the class A/AB MOON 330A performs in an exceedingly musical and accurate way.
A musically engaging experience
Our own unique heat-sink geometry allows for ultra-effective and efficient cooling. The amplifier’s oversized power supply contains a large proprietary toroidal transformer and substantial energy storage. Finally, with both balanced (XLR) and single-ended (RCA) inputs, the MOON 330A represents the ultimate choice for performance, reliability and affordability.
Significant Design Features:
· 12 Volt Trigger input and output
· A ”no overall feedback” design resulting in genuine real-time amplification, a
more accurate musical reproduction with respect to tonality, virtually non-existent
intermodulation distortion and the elimination of common phase errors resulting
· An oversized power supply
· Custom proprietary toroidal transformer design with lower magnetic, electrical
and thermal loss, yielding an improved power transfer and lower regulation factor.
The result is increased current speed and better dynamics
· Balanced differential circuitry
· Class A output to 5 watts for greater efficiency
· Proprietary MOON Bipolar output transistors with unprecedented gain linearity
resulting in improved bass response and even more accurate sonic reproduction
· A high damping factor yielding superior musical dynamics, improved signal speed
and refined timbre accuracy
· RS-232 port for i) full unsolicited bidirectional feedback in custom installation setups
and ii) firmware updates
· PCB w/ pure copper tracings & gold plating that yields low impedance characteristics
· Extremely rigid chassis construction to minimize the effects of external vibrations
· Accurate matching of the very finest high quality electronic components in a
symmetrical circuit design
· Designed to be powered up at all times for optimal performance
· Low operating temperature to ensure a longer than normal life expectancy.