- Sonus faber
- Spiral Groove
- Wilson Audio
- Om Stylus
The MOON 400M is a differential mono power amplifier that produces 400 watts into 8Ω and 650 Watts into 4Ω. Based on our highly acclaimed Advanced Renaissance amplifier circuitry, the class A/AB, zero global feedback, DC-coupled 400M is capable of producing tight, deep and powerful bass with lightning fast speed; True high-performance in a compact package without compromise. Possessing a high damping factor, an incredibly low noise floor, excellent dynamic range and a transparent lifelike soundstage, the MOON 400M will effortlessly drive any loudspeaker. Even difficult loads will not impede its ability to remain exceedingly musical and accurate.
For any loudspeaker …
For any listening environment
Our own unique heat-sink geometry allows for ultra-effective and efficient cooling. The amplifier’s oversized power supply contains a large proprietary toroidal transformer and substantial energy storage. Finally, with both balanced (XLR) and single-ended (RCA) inputs, the MOON 400M represents the ultimate choice for performance and affordability.
Significant Design Features:
· 12 Volt Trigger input and output
· A ”no overall feedback” design resulting in genuine real-time amplification, a
more accurate musical reproduction with respect to tonality, virtually non-existent
intermodulation distortion and the elimination of common phase errors resulting
· An oversized power supply
· Custom proprietary toroidal transformer design with lower magnetic, electrical
and thermal loss, yielding an improved power transfer and lower regulation factor.
The result is increased current speed and better dynamics
· Fully balanced differential circuitry
· Class A output to 10 watts for greater efficiency
· Proprietary MOON Bipolar output transistors with unprecedented gain linearity
resulting in improved bass response and even more accurate sonic reproduction
· A high damping factor yielding superior musical dynamics, improved signal speed
and refined timbre accuracy
· RS-232 port for (i) full unsolicited bidirectional feedback in custom installation
setups and (ii) firmware updates
· PCB w/ pure copper tracings & gold plating that yields low impedance characteristics
· Extremely rigid chassis construction to minimize the effects of external vibrations
· Accurate matching of the very finest high quality electronic components in a
symmetrical circuit design
· Designed to be powered up at all times for optimal performance
· Low operating temperature to ensure a longer than normal life expectancy.