The quietest preamplifier ever!
The MOON 850P is the most advanced MOON preamplifier to date. Extensive research and development, coupled with recent advancements in electronic parts, have provided us with the foundation to design what may very well be the quietest, most accurate and uncolored preamplifier.
Targeted to the discerning listener who desires uncompromising musical reproduction, the850P features numerous proprietary technologies such as our new M-Octave Dampingdamping system that eliminates the sonically degrading effects of microphonics by mounting the main audio circuit on an 8-point floating suspension. The result is a more natural, liquid and lifelike sound. Since listening environments are typically loaded with acoustically induced vibrations that originate from the loudspeakers, we use M-Octave to isolate the MOON 850P from these microphonic-causing vibrations, allowing you to hear more music, exactly the way it was recorded.
the music is coming from a live source.
Other in-house technologies include (i) i2DCf power supply voltage regulation, (ii) M-Rayvolume control, with a phenomenal 530 steps, allowing for an extremely precise level adjustment, (iii) SimLink and (iv) M-Lock, just to name a few, as well as an RS-232 connection, IR port and 12 Volt triggers for custom-install environments. Finally, a plethora of user selectable cosmetic options are available at the time of purchase.
Significant Design Features:
· 2-chassis design with one chassis housing the power supply, digital controller
circuitry and software processing. The other chassis contains the audio circuitry
· The preamplifier’s audio section is located on its own dedicated circuit board,
which is mounted with our M-Octave Damping system
· Custom proprietary toroidal transformer design with lower magnetic, electrical
and thermal loss, yielding an improved power transfer and lower regulation factor.
The result is increased current speed and better dynamics
· A dual-mono oversized power supply features 4 stages of DC voltage regulation
and extensive choke filtering
· M-Rayvolume control based on the R-2R resistor array configuration using metal
film surface mount resistors with 0.1% tolerances, resulting in no sonic degradation
of the audio signal regardless of the selected volume setting
· M-Lock for “user selectable” maximum volume setting lock-out for each line input
· Power supply voltage regulation includes i2DCf (Independant Inductive DC Filtering);
There is one inductor dedicated to each integrated circuit type component (DAC,
Op-Amp, etc.) in the audio circuit’s signal path – 40 stages in all
· “Gain offset” for each individual line input with a ±10dB range
· Each line input is fully configurable to be “home-theater ready”, where the gain
section of the P-8 is bypassed
· 530 individual volume steps in 1dB and 0.1dB increments
· RS-232 port for (i) full unsolicited bidirectional feedback and (ii) firmware updates
· 12 Volt trigger outputs for remote operation
· IR input for external control
· SimLink controller port allows for 2-way communications between other compatible
MOON Evolution Series components
· An exceptionally short signal path measuring less than 8 inches in length from the
rear panel’s input to output connectors, yielding a much faster transient response
· Fully differential, no global feedback circuit topology, using absolutely no capacitors
anywhere in the audio signal path
· Four-layer PCB tracings for a dramatically improved signal-to-noise ratio
· Ultra rigid chassis construction to minimize the effects of external vibrations
· Accurate matching of the very finest quality electronic components in a symmetrical
· Improved reliabilty through the elimination of moving parts.