- Audio Physic
- Moon by Simaudio
- Spiral Groove
- Om Stylus
The MOON 880M Power Amplifier is a fully balanced differential mono design that effortlessly outputs 800 watts into 8 ohms and 1600 watts into 4 ohms. Transparency and soundstage are as good as it gets, despite this amplifier’s astonishingly high power rating. Ultimately, the 880M will mate seamlessly with any loudspeaker allowing it to reach its full sonic potential, regardless of its load.
Several recent in-house developed advancements allows the MOON 880M to perform with the accuracy and grain-free character of our lower powered amplifiers; These include (i)MOON output transistors, specifically designed for use in our amplifiers, providing tighter and more visceral bass performance, as well as unprecedented linearity thoughout the entire frequency spectrum; and (ii) our advanced ”zero global feedback” circuit, commonly referred to as Lynx.
Of course, both RS-232 and 12 Volt triggers for custom-install environments are included as well as a plethora of user selectable cosmetic options that are available at the time of purchase.
Significant Design Features:
· Full unsolicited RS-232 bidirectional feedback
· Lynx circuitry which is a ”no overall feedback” design resulting in genuine real-time
amplification, a more accurate musical reproduction with respect to tonality, virtually
non-existent intermodulation distortion and the elimination of common phase errors
resulting from feedback
· Proprietary MOON Bipolar output transistors with unprecedented gain linearity
resulting in improved bass response and even more accurate sonic reproduction
· Custom proprietary toroidal transformer design with lower magnetic, electrical
and thermal loss, yielding an improved power transfer and lower regulation factor.
The result is increased current speed and better dynamics
· A massive oversized power supply
· 12 Volt trigger input/output for remote operation
· ”Class A” output to 10 watts for greater efficiency
· Precision matched and fully decoupled Bipolar output devices which offer superb
linearity throughout the entire audio frequency spectrum
· A high damping factor yielding superior musical dynamics, improved signal speed
and refined timbre accuracy
· A very short capacitor-free signal path for a faster transient response
· Pure copper circuit board tracings with extremely low impedance characteristics
· Stable to any known speaker impedance
· Ultra rigid chassis construction to minimize the effects of external vibrations
· Accurate matching of the very finest quality electronic components in a symmetrical
· Designed to be powered up at all times for optimal performance
· Low operating temperature for a longer than normal life expectancy.