- Audio Physic
- Moon by Simaudio
- Spiral Groove
- The Wand
- YG Acoustics
- Om Stylus
The MOON 110LP simplifies high quality analog playback. Derived from technologies found its big brother, the MOON 310LP, and intended as the next generation of the hugely popular LP3, the 110LP represents another leap forward in affordable phono preamplifier design. The easiest way to describe its sound in a single word would be dynamic. All of the Simaudio sonic characteristics are more present than before; fast, tight, extended bass response, a natural open midrange, and airy extended high frequencies. This is achieved through the combination of an improved power supply and an enhanced circuit layout. Another benefit is an increased input overload margin.
Convenience and flexibilty are also key aspects to the MOON 110LP‘s design; In a matter of just a few minutes you can easily configure both the resistance and capacitance loadng for virtually any moving coil or moving magnet cartridge. As a result, replacing your cartridge will not render the 110LP obsolete. Rounding out the whole package is a rigid all-aluminum chassis with a ¼” brushed & anodized faceplate that is available in either a black or silver finish.
Significant Design Features:
· End-user adjustable impedance loading (100Ω and 47kΩ)
· End-user adjustable capacitance loading (0pF and 100pF)
· End-user adjustable gain for moving magnet (40dB) & moving coil cartridges (60dB)
· Two-layer PCB tracings using pure copper for low impedance characteristics. The
advantages include better circuit layouts resulting in a much shorter signal path
and a vastly improved signal-to-noise ratio
· Inductive DC Filtering for a significantly lower noise floor
· Accurate matching of military-grade components with ultra-tight tolerances
using surface-mount technology for extremely short signal paths
· Compact, rigid all-aluminum chassis with gold-plated RCA connectors.