The ultimate analog preamplifier
“It’s the most transparent preamp – or audio component of any sort – that I’ve heard.”
– Brian Damkroger, Stereophile
Our most advanced preamplifier to date
“This is a rare component in the way it disappears, revealing nothing but the music carried through it. I’ve yet to hear one that reveals more music.”
– Jeff Dorgay, TONEAudio
Sophisticated two chassis design
The audio circuits are isolated within a second box for better signal accuracy.
Suspension for complete microphonic annihilation
giving incredibly lifelike natural sound.
- 2-chassis design with 1 chassis housing the power supply, digital controller circuitry, software processing & the LED display. The other chassis contains ONLY audio circuitry.
- Power supply voltage regulation includes i 2 DCf (Independent Inductive DC Filtering); 1 inductor for each and every IC in the audio circuit’s signal path – 40 stages in all.
- Gain offset adjustment of ±10dB for each line input.
- Each line input is fully configurable to be “home theater ready”, whereby the 850P’s volume control is bypassed.
Number of inputs – XLR / RCA3 pairs / 5 pairs
Input Sensitivity200mV – 4.0V RMS
Number of Outputs – XLR / RCA2 pairs / 2 pairs (fixed + variable)
Signal-to-noise Ratio (20Hz-20kHz)130dB @ full output
Frequency response (full range)5Hz – 100kHz ±0.1dB
Crosstalk @ 1kHz-130dB
THD (20Hz – 20kHz)0.0005%
Shipping weight151 lbs / 67 Kgs
Dimensions – each chassis (w x h x d)18.75 x 4.0 x 16.5 in
47.6 x 10.2 x 41.9 cm